Monday, August 08, 2005

 

Debadged


I decided to debadge my Forester. Lately I've become more picky about things being neat and tidy, my car included. This may be related to the days I spent with Mike Geerts, who is semi-maniacal when it comes to cars being perfect, clean and shiny (and I mean semi-maniacal in a good way. I get it now.). I found this page about a guy's Forester XT (FXT), and cogs began to turn in my mind. Well-oiled, smoothly turning cogs, just like a perfectly rebuilt bike hub. When you get it just right -- no play, and smoooooth as silk. Ah. Anyway, back to the Forester. I went on some Subaru chat rooms, where they cautioned that some of the badging has (alignment?) holes behind it. Specifically, I read that the "U" and the "R" in Subaru has these holes. However, upon removing the "Forester" badge, I discovered two holes (see photos)!

Today I did some more Googling and I find that, indeed, these holes are discussed as a known issue. So duh on my part for trusting a solitary online source. Yo estoy stupido. Anyways, apparently other Forester Debadgites put the "AWD" emblem over said holes. Or you can do like Craig, and salvage a Beetle "Turbo" badge. Unfortunately (everywhere but at the gas pump), I didn't get the turbo model.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?