Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

I've got a Golden Ticket!

Hershey's has a T-shirt deal going. Save up 15 candy bar wrappers and you can get a free T-shirt -- one of five styles (Hershey's, York, Reeses, Almond Joy...). I went to Fry's and bought 66 candy bars (11 six packs). They were buy one, get one free, so total chocolate cost was about $15.00. I went home and unwrapped all the bars, storing the chocolate in Ziploc bags:


Be careful not to tear the wrappers -- they are supposed to be intact with full UPC symbol. The unwrapping took longer than expected, maybe 45 minutes total. Print the order form from Hershey's website. Maximum shirts per address is five, so you can get one of each style. I layered 62 wrappers in a Ziploc and compressed it flat for mailing. (I included 6 extra wrappers in case some are rejected by Hershey's, since a few were torn. I kinda doubt they'll even count the wrappers. Can you picture some poor employee in Pennsylvania counting thousands of candy wrappers? Not likely. Better to weigh them.) These went into a 9x12" envelope with a check for $7.00 (shipping and handling). Total per-shirt cost = $4.40. That is not counting the value of the chocolate (if you plan to eat it), nor the value of your time (an hour or so, including the trip to the grocery store).


Comments:
Please let us know when you receive the shirts! Love the post, I felt as though I were right there, helping you prepare the wrappers.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?